Wednesday 12 September 2012

She should have been a boy

                             I have a daughter that my wife, Ekwefi and I named Ezinma. She is a very good girl and I love her as a father should love his daughter. My second wife Ekwefi faced many difficulties in having babies. She miscarriage our babies for nine times. I can feel that she was very sad and frustrated but God is very kind. He finally gave us Ezinma.
                       Even though she is a very obedient daughter, but sometimes deep inside my heart I still wish that she was a boy. I keep on imagining I am having her as a son instead of a daughter and that would be the greatest gift God could give me. But I know that it is just my imagination which will never happen. I can feel that she is very comfortable with me as whenever there are occasions such as wresting match held at our village, she would ask whether I am going or not and she even volunteered to bring along my chair for me. I will tell her that she doesn't need to bring it for me as it is a job for a boy. She also enjoys herself watching the wrestling match like a boy could do. She is very close to her mother and she looks just like her beautiful mother who was once the village beauty. Sometimes, Ezinma would also behave like a boy as she sits like a boy. I have to remind her over and over again that she should sit the way a woman should sit. She also talks when she was eating. There was one time where she talks and Obiageli, my daughter whom I got with my first wife said that ones should not talk when they are eating. Obiageli is younger than Ezinma but she has more sense than Ezinma.
                           I thank God for bringing Ezinma to my life and made me realise that everything that we think is right not all the time is right for us. I will always love Ezinma as my daughter but still, she should have been a boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment