Wednesday 12 September 2012

Exile

              My life has not been the same as it is ever since Ikemefuna's death, even my chi seems to grow weaker as bad thing started to happened to me.
              It started during the Ezeudu's funeral ceremony where I accidentally killed his sixteen years old son. Although it was an accident, I will still have to face the punishment, which was to be exile for seven years in other to avoid any bad misfortunes from happening to my village. The night after the unfortunate event occur, I have bring my family along with few of ours belongings and settle down in Mbanta, my mother's village. My family and I are welcome warmly by my maternal uncle, Uchendu in which he had given me a plot of land for farming and to build obi for my family during my stayed there. Despite my mother's kinsmen kindness, I was depressed and blame my chi for preventing me from achieving lasting greatness. During my exile years, I was not really entirely shut off from my village, Umuofia as my best friend, Obierika tend to visit me occasionally and told me about the news that he heard from other villagers, and also the missionaries effort in spreading their religion in the Umuofia and also the surrounding of Igbo village. I didn't believe what the missionaries said about their god, but what made me really angry and disapointed is Nwoye decision to joined the missionaries. I was so overhelmed by my anger that I disowned him as my son.
               The seven years exiled was a waste of time for me to achieve even greater titles and achievement, but I had spent the time on thinking what will I do to earn back my past achievement once I get back to Umuofia.

No comments:

Post a Comment