Wednesday 12 September 2012

Nwoye's attitude

                 I strongly believe that every father in this whole wide world want their son make them proud or at least doesn't let them down. But, I can say that I am a bit disappointed with my son, Nwoye.
                As a father, I love him and I can't deny that fact. Even though I love him, but still I can't help myself from feeling that Nwoye's attitude is more alike my father, Unoka which I fear the most to be inherited to my children. I can see that Nwoye's attitude is a bit different with any other boy's attitude in Umuofia, he dislikes violence which is not a normal things to men in our villages. Even at the age of twelve, he still likes to hear the stories that was told from his mother's mouth, the kind of stories that was meant for women, and he only started to comes to my hut and listened to my war time experiences since Ikemefuna comes. Though I try not to think about it, I can't help but notice how similar he is with my father, in which I try to changed it with constant nagging and beating.
                 He was my son no matter what and he will need to start acting like a man whether he like it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment