Wednesday 12 September 2012

A child's feeling

              Now I am a strong warrior and a powerful man that was known through out the nine villages of Igbo. But even after all my success, I was still my father's son, and no matter how successful I become, I can't runaway from keeping the feeling that I have my father, Unoka. Since I am still a child up until I'm a grown man, I never liked my father not even once.
              All of it started when I was still a little boy. I was playing with other kids when one of them called my father an agbala, a title used only for a woman. That is the time when I learnt that agbala was not only used for a woman but also to a man who has no title at all. I was so ashamed to hear that all the kids make fun of my father's weaknesses and failure. The humiliation that I felt not only made me feel ashamed of my father but also it made me hate him. Ever since that day, I had started working harder to change my life, to be recognized among my people, to succeed in every of my father's failure, and to hate everything that my father, Unoka liked. I had grown up to be a warrior and used to violence and war, because I fear that people will laugh at me if I show any fear towards violence and war just like my father, who can't even stand to see the sight of a dead man. I had grown up with a very bad temper and tend to get angry whenever things were not going the way that I like. I also has suppressed all my emotions from others particularly my fondness towards Ikemefuna, because for me any other emotions that I show other that violence will make me look weak in front of others. It is also because my father was a man with a soft heart. I was also grown up to be a hardworking man and forced my family members regardless age to work hard with me too. I know this must be tough for them, but I can't bear to see any type of laziness occur in my house especially when I saw my eldest son, Nwoye started to show his laziness which really resembles my father.
          I can't deny my feelings towards my father, all the shame and hate that I felt towards him had motivated me to achieve all the achievements that I had now nor can I deny  how fear I am to be like him, and to hold any resemblances to him.
             
           

No comments:

Post a Comment